Monday, July 16, 2012

The Event Armor Process









making my garment was a huge challenge but i did it.. I faced every single difficulty, be it burning by hand from the glue gun or stapling my own fingers. I did everything and im proud of myself. so i started out by making 3-4 designs from which i came down to one. after finalizing my design and my color palette which was - Red, Black and Silver, i started taking measurements of the manikin in order to make this process a bit easier. then it came down to the main part.. MAKING A DRESS OUT OF PAPER! NOTHING BUT PAPER!! i had to take care of many things here.. starting from how i've to cut my dress to how i have to paint it to which glue to use. i wouldn't say its easy, but its definitely worth it. wow, it was task! after hours of painting and cutting paper and pasting mirrors with a glue gun.. my dress was complete and it looked just the way i wanted it to look :D which made me very happy. making this garment had its ups and downs, there was a time where i wanted to just give up but i didn't, i made my garment with all my hardwork.. and hardwork pays off! one just needs to be focused and work hard and there, you're done with that fabulous garment! 

No comments:

Post a Comment